Japanese Language (adult beginner to advanced beginner)
Have you always wanted to learn to speak Japanese, but been too busy to jump in? Or learned a bit from your parents or grandparents, but never studied it in a structured way? Or maybe you took classes long ago but forgotten most of it by now. This is your chance to learn Japanese in a structured but informal and fun environment. We meet Friday evenings each week and spend part of the time on the textbook to learn the basics, and the rest of the time practicing conversation or reading Japanese stories.
- Friday evenings, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. with a 10 minute break
- Suitable for beginners to advanced beginners
- Informal class setting, no homework or tests
- Textbook is Genki, Vol 1, 2nd Edition
- Small class focusing on language basics, conversation, and culture
- $6 per class
About the Teacher
DC Palter is the author of Speaking Colloquial Kansai Japanese (https://www.amazon.com/Colloquial-Kansai-Japanese-Dialects-Phrasebook/dp/0804837236/ref=sr_1_1), the leading guidebook to the Osaka/Kyoto dialect of Japanese. He lived in Japan for many years as a research engineer and marketing specialist, and is now a Japanese translator and sake connoisseur. He resides in Mar Vista with his wife, Satsuki, who teaches the ikebana class at VJCC.